Apricot kernel oil is a gentle and nice way to remove all kinds of makeup, dirt and particles from dust and pollution. The oil dissolves all kinds of fat – even in the depths of the skin. In addition, it respects to cleanse the skin with oil – that the skin’s pH value is normalized so that redness, irritation and dehydration are reduced. People with very dry skin especially benefit from cleansing with oil. For some people, it takes just a little getting used to cleansing with oil, as you have to get used to the fact that the skin does NOT actually become oily from cleansing with oil, but just much more comfortable and soothing.
- Take 2-3 pumps of APRICOT KERNEL OIL in the palms of your hands and massage the oil on your face and neck. Let it sit for a few seconds and remove oil, dirt and makeup, either with a damp cotton ball or sponge until the skin is completely clean. You can also remove eye makeup with the oil, but just need to be a little careful not to get oil in the eyes.
- We recommend that you dab the skin over, with ROSE WATER ELIXIR on a moistened cotton ball, after cleansing.
Serum and facial care
- Pump 1-2 pump APRICOT KERNEL OIL out between the hands and massage the oil well into the slightly moist skin on the face and neck, after using FACIAL MIST / ROSE WATER ELIXIR.
- As a serum: Massage the oil directly on the skin before applying the cream – or mix a little APRICOT KERNEL OIL with ESSENTIAL NO.7 face cream, spread between the palms and dab the mixture into the skin on the face and neck.
- Rich cream: Mix a pump or two in your day / night cream and create your own rich cream for ‘dry skin’
- Pump 1-2 pump APRICOT KERNEL OIL out between your hands and massage the oil well onto the slightly moist skin on the body.
- Extra dry skin on the body: Mix one to two pump oils in BALANCING BODY CREAM and create your own rich cream for ‘dry skin’.
The skin may feel extra dry during the coldest winter months, or after a period of illness. The skin lacks nourishment and it acknowledges being dry, scaly, maybe even red and itchy.
The skin needs extra fat. APRICOT KERNEL OIL increases the skin’s natural sebum production and you will find that your skin quickly comes into better balance after a few days of use. The oil is full of good life-giving vitamins such as vitamins A, B and E. These fatty acids kick in for the production of sebum (skin fat).
APRICOT KERNEL OIL can be used alone as body oil or mixed in BALANCING BODY CREAM.
A LITTLE ABOUT THE RIGHT AND WRONG CLEANING OF THE SKIN
The body consists of 60% water – the skin is the last organ that is supplied with enough water. It does not help to try to add water through the skin, it has the opposite effect – it has a direct drying effect. It is therefore a bad idea to cleanse the skin with water, or products that require a lot of water to remove the product from the skin. This applies to e.g. washing jelly, washing foam and cleaning products that mainly contain water. Water does not clean – water rinses and freshens up.
- Most people have experienced that the skin after bathing or “wrong” cleansing , becomes violently dehydrated, tight, red and perhaps irritated. In that case, your skin acknowledges by speeding up the sebum production – and you will just find that the skin is tight and shiny – oily on the surface.
- You should always cleanse your skin in oily products , which takes into account the natural barrier of protection and thus the pH value of the skin.
- Water does not dissolve fats from creams and makeup – oils dissolve oils and cleanse in the depth of the skin, while your skin feels comfortable after cleansing.
FOR YOU WHO WANT TO KNOW MORE
APRICOT KERNEL OIL does NOT smell of apricots. The oil comes from apricot kernels and is very rich in vitamins A and E in particular. These vitamins act as good antioxidants for the skin cells. This means that the oil has a regenerating and firming effect. Essential fatty acids increase the skin’s sebum production and thus reduce dry, slightly irritated skin in the cleansing process. The oil is rich and easily viscous and therefore easy to work with.
The list of ingredients is thus understood: The ingredient listed at the top makes up the largest amount of the contents of the product. Nr. 2 ingredient on the list constitutes the next highest amount etc. This applies to all list of ingredients.
PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL: Apricot kernel oil